Are you bored with using the same words all the time? Here you can expand your vocabulary. Today I want to share with you six words or phrases that you can use instead of the word “expensive”. Hope you’re going to find them useful!
- cost (someone) an arm and a leg
- These concert tickets cost me an arm and a leg.
- His new Mercedes cost him an arm and a leg.
2. You can say that something is pricey when it’s a bit too expensive.
- The restaurant is a bit pricey, but they serve delicious food!
- We are looking for houses in the suburbs, because those in the city centre are pretty pricey.
3. If something is overpriced, it means that it’s more expensive than it should be.
- I know this bag is made of leather, but it’s still totally overpriced!
- These new mascara is really overpriced! I’ll buy a cheaper one.
4. Something is costly = very expensive, it wastes a lot of money.
- There is too much bureaucracy in our company. All these new procedures must be very costly!
- The delays in delivery may be very costly if we lose customers.
5. Something cost a fortune
- This dress must have cost you a fortune! It’s Chanel!
- I would buy this car, but it costs a fortune.
6. To pay through the nose for something= to pay much more than something is worth
- We paid through the nose for this trip! It was aweful and boring!
Hope this picture is going to help you remember!
So, which one is your favourite? Try to make sentences with them and write them in the comments. I’ll get back to you whenever I can! I have awesome information for you – you’ve just learned something new! Congrats! Have a nice day and see you next time!